A lot of people think that healthy living just encompasses weight and weight loss. In my life, there is so much more to healthy living. Once one part of my life falters, the others go down like dominos. I try to control the dominos falling but after so long, they all fall down.
Here are my healthy living goals in no particular order:
- Eat 3 meals a day, at least. I am skipping more and more. Not eating for 15 hours, is not healthy, and leads me to think about binging when things get tough. I need to eat 3 meals a day at regular type intervals.
- Exercise at lease 3 days a week. When I take care of myself, I feel better. It is not too much to ask.
- Continue with my CBT behaviors to stop binging. They work and I need them.
- Bring lunch at least 4 day a week. $10 at least for lunch in Boston adds up. I can save about $30-40 a week doing this.
- Keep a budget. When I got depressed recently, I let things that should not have been passed over passed over so I need to stop this.
- Laugh and smile more. That is simple enough.
Tomorrow, what I hope this year brings.
Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve and Day! See you in 2013.