Irene is paying Massachusetts a visit. I will not be one of those crazies at Nantasket beach watching the waves at high tide. Nope. This is how I will be riding out the storm that Irene may or may not be:
1. Harpoon Pumpkin UFO – At least I will not be driving. I know it is not even Labor Day yet but I love pumpkin beer and this one is especially good.
2. Knights in White Castles – I am halfway through the 3rd Game of Thrones book, A Storm of Swords and have book 4, A Feast for Crows, waiting in its wings.
3. Napping – Why not? That is what stormy Sundays are for.
4. Training Dragons - The Netflix movie that arrived this week is How to Train Your Dragon.
5. Listening to the Wind – Boston is a windy city without tropical systems and some times during a storm, I just sit in the silence and listen to the wind.
Even if Irene is a dud, which it could be, it will be rainy and a napping type of day anyways.
If you are in Irene’s path, I hope that you and your loved ones are safe.