Blogher has come and gone. I am mostly settled though hardly unpacked. I have yet to go through the Vera Bradley bag stuffed with swag. This year was different then last year in a good way. Next year it will be a lot cheaper since it is in New York and the transportation options are better.
I learned a few things.
1. San Diego is gorgeous. The weather was awesome. Except for the mornings, the sky was blue the entire time.
2. You can create landmarks with Twizzlers.
3. It was a lot of fun catching up with old friends and making new ones.
Laura was a friend I made last year at Blogher. I was very happy to see her again.
4. My blogging puts me out there. Yes, it does. I write about a lot on here and it is not for everyone. I attended Change Yourself: Perfect Imperfections: Blogging Your Way to Self- Acceptance. I have said before that maybe it will bite me in the butt someday but you know what, I don’t care. Let it.
5. I need downtime. During the hustle and bustle of conferences, I need to get away. The set up was more spread out then last year and it allowed the time I needed for myself.
I let things fester and ruminate and then it all comes out. My little phone issue was a sure sign of that. I had gotten a call at 6 am that Dad was in the hospital (serious back pain, he could not move, he is ok now) and then I lose my phone. My phone was my connection with the problems back in Boston. I ran around trying to find it only to not find it. I was crying my eyes out at the Hallmark Suite.
One of the representatives of Hallmark knew the representative of AT&T, and by magic, I was brought a new phone. Luckily I found my phone and got a new HTC Thunderbolt for participating in a focus group, so I do not need this phone. My misfortune is your fortune.
The AT&T fairies brought me a Palm Pre Plus phone that had service for 30 days then could be activated on AT&T. According to the HP page on this Palm Pre Plus, you can:
- Visit the Web sites and get the apps you want, plus the best 3D gaming1, 2
- Integrate multiple sources of information in one place
- Gather your calendar information from Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn1, 2, 3
- Automatically update contacts and calendars1, 2, 3
- Listen to music, surf the Web, watch videos, text friends—all at the same time
- Switch between multiple activities and applications3 at the same time
- Navigate via multitouch gestures and the touch screen
It is charging. I forgot to turn it off after use. I barely used it, just to find out on Twitter that my phone was found by an honest awesome person.
Reminder, this is an AT&T phone and can be activated on AT&T.
All you have to do is leave a comment stating why you would like the phone. I will pick a random winner on Tuesday.
My exciting trip to the zoo tomorrow!