Summer may or may not have landed in Boston recently. The weather was hot last week but on the chilly side today. Thus is the wonderful weather in New England.
I am trying to embrace the positivity of summer. Winters are long and sometimes spring is non-existent so the short summer is really when I feel the best. Todays 5 Things is brought to you by summer, the long lost cousin of seasons here in New England.
1. Frilly drinks. Yep. Margaritas, sangria, daiquiris , mojitos or even plain old lemonade.
from drunken monkey
2. Iced Coffee. Coffee is an absolute must for me. I am not one to drink iced coffee in midwinter like Dad and Secret Sister but in good weather it can’t be beat.
from Mr. Ducke
3. Outdoor concerts. The Bank of America Pavilion in Boston is one of the best places to see a show during the summer. Ray LaMontagne last week was great.
4. Travel. I am doing some travelling this summer and that makes me excited.
I will be here in a few days. It is not Bora Bora but that is ok .
5. Less clothes. I need to have a shirt, sweater, winter coat, etc. My laundry bill goes down since I am not washing all these clothes that I have to wear because I am cheap and don’t want to pay National Grid more then I already pay them. I just just wear a light top, skirt, and go. Simple.