I attended Bloggy Boot Camp in Boston on Saturday and despite my fears that I talked about, it was really worth it. I learned a few things in the process and most of it was stuff I do does not optimize my blogging potential but honestly, my blog was not meant to optimized the direction a lot of blogs go.
Here’s a few things I learned:
1. Lists are good. Ha!
2. I should use pictures more. When I talk about depression or my other demons, I didn’t think I could really incorporate pictures.
3. Pictures should have the right license for use if not your own pictures. The above picture if from Flickr, Creative Commons.
4. Someday I should get my own URL for Losing the Shadow. Blogger is not really preferable. I like blogger at the moment and I am not changing for now.
5. Bostonians have long URLs and blog names. Losing The Shadow Behind Me fits in that category.
6. My reason for blogging is that blogging is a form of therapy for me. That is why I started this blog. It is my journey getting healthy inside and out.
7. I met a lot of great bloggers and made some friends that I think could be lasting. I definitely networked. I didn’t let that voice in my head shut me up. I had a great time. I strongly recommend you attend one if it is your area.
So, I give it my two thumbs up.
I have started the Self-Compassion book and I can’t wait to write my first post about my thoughts tomorrow. I am finding it really interesting.