Today, I have a few confessions to make:
1. I had a Hershey chocolate bar after visit Mom. The visit was disturbing. Mom was still having her lunch through her feeding tube. Dad was crying. I was just looking at her. It is getting harder and harder to visit without crying. The nursing home was selling candy bars for a dollar to raise money for the Alzheimer Association. I gave the receptionist a dollar and grabbed a bar. It was good.
2. I am afraid the rising price of coffee will cut back on my coffee consumption. No!!!!!!!!
3. I got mad at Dad today. He did something he was not supposed to do and it was dangerous for him and the general public. Ugh! When parents don’t listen! He promised me he would not do it again but I am not sure I trust him. When he starts a sentence with “You’re going to be mad at me…..”, it is not good.
4. On the eating confession note, I have been eating sporadically. Skipping breakfast all week. I have not been hungry. I need to put a big sign at work “COFFEE IS NOT BREAKFAST”. Maybe it will sink in.
5. Death Cab for Cutie has a new song “The Tourist” where one of the lines is “If you have a burning in your heart…” only I hear “If you have a furry in your heart…” I can’t get it out of my head. Now, you can have a furry in your heart.