A spring cold has bowled me over so I am a day late and a dollar short again. The weather in Boston has been dreary and Mr. Mucus and his friends are paying me a visit. All I can envision is that Mucinex commercial with the living room in my lungs.
The weather here is supposed to be rainy and cloudy all week, possibly for the next 2 weeks. My trip to Miami for SheCon can not come at a better time! This pale, freckled, red haired Boston gal can not wait for the 90 degree Florida humidity. My 5 things this week is what I am looking forward to, provided, Mr. Mucus is gone.
1. Dad is being sprung on Tuesday. One less depressing place to visit. He was laughing with the nurses today, who had to give him a big hug goodbye because they would be off for the next two days. Now the fun beings with him at home but at least he is at home. That makes me happy.
2. The sun. Really, it is has been gray and mostly miserable for the last week or so in Boston. The weather report I saw this morning for Boston did not make me happy.
Compared to Miami, I have something to look forward to.
3. Meeting New People. I have really trying to get out of my shell. Last weekend, I had a good time and met a lot of new people at Bloggy Boot Camp now on to SheCon, where they really can make fun of my accent!
4. Tennis. I signed up for my first tennis lesson. Wilson Tennis is a sponsor of SheCon and are offering lessons. I used to hit a ball off of the chimney as a kid but that is my only tennis experience. I am going to give it a try.
5. Relaxation. I have physically and mentally exhausted and really, I just want a few days of relaxation.