Books were there for me during tough times. They were a momentary escape from my life in lives and lands I would never get to see. I love to read. Since I have to post 5 books I would like to read for the new book club, here are my choices:
1. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy – I won’t lie. I have just started to read this book and I like it so I added it to the list. It is about a pair of fraternal twins in India.
2. The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford – I saw a woman reading this on the T the other day. I am fascinated by World War II history and I like the cover. I won’t lie. I read books and wine by the cover.
3. Country Driving: A Chinese Road Trip by Peter Hessler – I love to travel as you may know. I like reading travel stories. This looks interesting.
4. American Wife: A Novel by Curtis Sittenfeld – Yes, it is supposed to be a fictionalized account of Laura Bush. I am curious. What can I say?
5. Await Your Reply by Dan Chaon – The Amazon reviews tempt me.
There you have it. I could go on. So now on to the blog! The blog that I will be contributing to for the book club will be Online Bookworms. I have also just joined Good Reads tonight. I’ll post these choices on that blog also.