I think that next time I see the Med Doctor that I should explore changing up my meds. Currently, I take the generic forms of Prozac and Wellbutrin. They really helped me. From when I first started this blog I could tell how sad, down and very depressed I was. In the almost 3 years that I have been writing about my struggles, I have gone from a low time to a content time.
Over the last month or so, I know that I am sliding down a slippery slope. I can not get out of bed for anything even for things I want to do on the weekend. I have really been beating myself up and believing it. I sometimes would rather be alone then around people.
I found this “Are You Depressed?” check list from Helpguide.org:
If you identify with several of the following signs and symptoms, and they just won’t go away, you may be suffering from clinical depression.
- you can’t sleep or you sleep too much - CHECK – too much
- you can’t concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult – see above, cleaning, every day tasks
- you feel hopeless and helpless – double check
- you can’t control your negative thoughts, no matter how much you try – see yesterday’s post
- you have lost your appetite or you can’t stop eating – not really
- you are much more irritable and short-tempered than usual – not really
- you have thoughts that life is not worth living (Seek help immediately if this is the case) – not currently
Yep, I think it is time to fiddle with the meds. I did not need the list to know I was depressed but it hit home when I looked.
Tomorrow morning, I have my therapy appointment. I have some stuff to talk about for sure.