I am a day late and a dollar short on my post for yesterday. I have just been too busy and in the case of yesterday, I totally overslept then was gone until midnight.
1. My weekend started off at the Vino Voyage with my friends Mia and Julianne on Thursday night.
It was a lot of fun. I got to hang out with two friends of mine and we had a lot of fun. The boat cruised around Boston harbor on a gorgeous night. It wasn’t too hot or cold. There were about 30 wine distributors there and your ticked included all the wine you wanted to taste. It was a nice night out with the girls.
2. My Friday consisted of a therapy appointment for me, a social work appointment for Dad and a date with a friend. Since he reads this blog, I am sort of reluctant to write about him but we have gone out a few times. I have a good time when I am with him and he is easy to talk to. I knew him before I started to date Rich, the poofer, but things were not right then. He was living in a different state and stuff them Rich came along.
3. Trace Adkins and Toby Keith – They were playing at the Comcast Center on Saturday and after totally over sleeping, I went to see the show with Secret Sister and two really good friends, Jodi and Bonnie, who I don’t see as often as I would like.
I am not a huge country music fan but they do put on a good show. The tailgating in the parking lot is where all of the cowboy hats in New England come out of hiding.
I am totally disappointed in missing the Fluff Festival. I would have said an Ode to Fluff. If you grew up in New England, fluff was a food staple, at least it was for me.
4. This morning was the Alzheimer Association walk. It was a gorgeous day in Boston and the six miles that me and Secret Sister walked went by in no time. Next year, we are going to get more people to walk and make t-shirts with Mom on them.
5. A win is a win. It didn’t look pretty but I’ll take it.